Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Engagement Party






I know, I know.

It's been almost a week again.

I could bore you with excuses (like I have been grading endless midterms, writing my senior thesis paper due yesterday, and being newly engaged)...but I won't give you the list ;) Suffice it to say, this has been a busy but glorious week! I am so excited, I just dove right into wedding planning right on top of the rest of my life :)

So far, Drayton (my fiancee!!!) and I have decided that we want to have:

--an evening wedding
--a classy dessert reception
--white, black, and dove gray
--calla lilies

What thinkest thou, fair readers?

<3 Cambria

5 comments:

  1. Aww, so excited for you! I might have some good Wedding links for you. I'll see what I can find. Knowing me, I saved everything from when I was planning my wedding.

    Evenings weddings are so elegant, I think that's a great idea, as well as everything else you listed. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dooooove greeeeeeeey <3 you found me at zipped! how sweet :) you girls all look so fashionable. duhhhh, like usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! and wow that ring is so beautiful! dove grey, love the idea. calla lilies - not so much. usually they are flowers for burying ceremonies here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you asked about my favourite white flowers, I would say Lily-of-the-valleys. They are delicate, romantic, and the scent is wonderful! It's also the Finnish national flower because of it's simplicity.

    also white orchids are stunning, but if you like grey as well, there are white smaller orchids that grow in long strands of petite flowers, with grey stripes. Couldn't find a picture of them though.

    and I'm not saying calla lilies wouldn't be right for you darling, they could look great paired with something lighter I think. What works for you is the best option, because you are the one carrying them and the memory of your day.

    ReplyDelete