Monday, February 22, 2010

The Way You Sip Your Tea...





C: Exhausted from a long day of classes and just a general feeling of pre-midterms, late February "bleagh". Comfy was thus the inspirational idea for clothing today! There's just something fun about the proportions of the oversized boyfriend sweater (That I stole from Jess, one of her more brilliant thrift store finds!)...and my favourite thing is to add little details like a braided calico headband and pearls--amp up any outfit and give fashion afficiandos a kick :)

{Target jean skirt from J's closet, thrifted boyfriend sweater, gifted AE pearls, gifted H&M calico headband, Target knee socks, mary janes}

After much nagging from my dear roommate, I have finally signed on to post on this thing. Today was a a Monday...all day, ya know? And so, comfort was on my mind as well! I'm really loving my skinny jeans from American Eagle...sooo comfy and they fit just right. mmmm :)Not to mention this STUNNING scarf that my dearest friend gave me for my birthday...she knows me too well. :) Well, I don't have a ton to say as the day is coming to an end, and seeing as how it's my night for dishes (better get on that...). Here is a poem to leave you with (still in that contemporary poetry class...)

First read this and then listen to Claude Debussy's Clair de Lune... recipe for a restful slumber :)

~Lullaby by, Louise Gluck~
Time to rest now; you have had
enough excitement for the time being.

Twilight, then early evening. Fireflies
in the room, flickering here and there, here and there,
and summer's deep sweetness filling the open window.

Don't think of these things anymore.
Listen to my breathing, your own breathing
like the fireflies, each small breath
a flare in which the world appears.

I've sung to you long enough in the summer night.
I'll win you over in the end; the world can't give you this sustained vision.

You must be taught to love me. Human beings must be taught to love
silence and darkness.


Love,
Jess
{Burgundy scarf from Target, Taupe long-sleeve tee from Target, skinny jeans from American Eagle, leather belt from American Eagle Gray All-Star Chuck Taylors from Converse}

No comments:

Post a Comment