Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Every word you say, I think I should write down...






C: Today the sun is absolutely, blindingly brilliant! And yet somehow, it's gotten colder...alas and alack! Sitting in class next to a (unfortunately open) window was not the most most enjoyable moment of my day :P On the other hand, February is nearing its end so at least we have hope of spring and warmth. And along those lines, I have hope of Spring Break within a week!!! We girls are taking a couple days to chill together and perhaps take a trip to the Mall of America--twill be such fun :) I'm not even going to think about the homework I have to do between then and now...

{houndstooth vintage-style shorts from Forever21, fuschia shirt from J's closet, belt from Target, black woven tights from Target, black oxford heels from Payless}


Dear Cyberspace,
I love this skirt. I found it at this great vintage/thrift store downtown and I have had fun with it ever since! The yellow it is now is not the same color it was many years ago, although I like it more than the original (underneath the pocket flap you can see the original yellow-green color). I just love the high waist and huge pockets, it just screams 1950s to me :)Oh! And those earrings?! Love them! I got them for a dollar (along with a handful of other adorable earrings) at an antique shop near my cabin. They are clip-on, so they aren't to be worn for long periods of time...unless you want your earlobe to fall off!
Another thing I love, is the huge contrast in styles between c and me. I'm afraid to say that she was dressed more appropriately for the weather than I was...but I just have this terrible case of the cold winter blues and the cure for that is to pretend it is warmer than it is and dress for spring!

Cordially,
Jessica Lynn

{White eyelet 3/4 length tee from Penney's, vintage skirt, cream bow-tie flats from Target, floral scarf from C, Large orange flower clip-on earrings from an antique shop up north.}

1 comment: