Friday, February 26, 2010

Hup-dee-doo-de-do-di...




C: [Somehow missed a closeup of my plaid, sorry!] Well here we are on a (glorious) Friday afternoon!!! Tonight J and I are having a select and wonderful group of friends over to watch Night at the Museum 2. I know, I know, it's a silly kid movie--but for those of us who savour the delights of history, it's enough humour to make us cry. Not to mention I can do a pretty swell impersonation of Kahmunrah ;) Anywho...twill be a nice break from writing a philosophy paper and a good breath before I dive underneath my loads of midterms homework this weekend. Yech. Well, have a lovely weekend, dear readers <3

{Penney's plaid button-down shirt $3, Express ReRock jeans $10, Wet Seal boots}


I know I mentioned this in an earlier post, but, about 6 or 7 years ago I was in the musicals Bye Bye Birdie and Grease and fell in love with the fashion of the 1950s. I was that "goofy girl" in 6th grade wearing saddle shoes, scarves in her hair, and desperately resisting the urge to wear her poodle skirt in public (even then I realized that was a tad too much). Thankfully my love wasn't stifled and I have learned to express my adoration for decades of yesteryear, without necessarily being that "goofy girl." This outfit is really fun and really more of a spring time/ summer outfit and I feel like I should be on my way to catch a movie at the drive-thru (love that!). The red earrings, I feel, can be a bit much (from grandma Delores) ...and they are fairly heavy,but there is something about them that I love!

As much as I adore the fifties, it is only a drop in the bucket as far as my style inspiration goes. It started with Bye Bye Birdie and has hopped to the Swinging Twenties, random ideas from fellow fashion bloggers, my roommate C, my grandma, girls on campus, you get the picture. Basically, in the words of my mother, I love clothes! Perhaps a tad too much... but either way. My style is always changing and evolving and so I need to shop to keep up with those changes. :)

Enough chatter about clothes...I'm off to watch the ever lovely, style icon Audrey Hepburn in her film, Wait Until Dark... it's amazing! If you haven't seen it, go out now and watch it! (Do what we do, take advantage of the free Netflix trial-2 weeks for free!)

Love,
Jess
**black and white plaid tunic from Penney's, skinny jeans from American Eagle, black flats from American Eagle, red earrings from grandma Delores

No comments:

Post a Comment